Full-Time Engine Engineer
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Nissan Motorsport is the Official Factory Team of Nissan Australia in the Supercars Championship and is currently looking for an Engine Engineer to join the team based in Melbourne, Australia.
The Engine Engineers role will be responsible for:
- Implementation and evaluation of engine tuning and mapping philosophies to be used on race engines
- Work with Purchasing to order parts for engine servicing/re-build
- Travel to all Race Meetings and Test days leading engine tuning.
- Interact with drivers and engineers to tune engine according to their programs
- Liaise with Engineering department regarding plans for race track engine programs including fuel economy & development items
- Contribute to Engineering Meetings with regards to engine performance and development items and philosophies.
- Lead problem solving for engine dyno issues
- Developing a thorough understanding of the engine build procedure
- Complete nightly race track engine service as required
- Compile Engine Issues list from each event and lead issue resolution.
- Supply and coordinate test data to engineers for engine simulation
- Lead R&D projects, involving:
– Coordination of R&D testing programs
– Maintaining R&D project folder
– Ordering and control of components related to R&D projects
- Supply and coordinate of test data to engineers for engine simulation
- Update and manage Engine Logs for V8 Supercars
- Liaise with V8 Supercars regarding rule changes, engine inspections etc.
- Updating of engine component drawings and liaison with Production Manager regarding the manufacture of engine components
To satisfy the position the applicant should also:
- Display a positive attitude and be innovative in their thought processes
- Be able to adapt to meet the changing needs of the team
- Display a high attention to detail in their work
- Have the ability to lead & communicate effectivity within a team environment
- Be available to travel to race meetings and test days during the racing season
- Display a strong desire to help the team improve
Previous high level motorsport and engine experience is considered a requirement.
If you believe you display these qualities and are interested in joining our dynamic team, focused on success – send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications will be treated strictly confidential.
1896 total views, 1 today