Apprentice Auto Electrician
Tickford Racing Australia | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team runs four Ford Falcon V8 Supercars in the series and is responsible for the design, manufacturing, building and maintenance of each of its race cars. The team is housed in a large facility based in Melbourne’s northern suburbs – Campbellfield.
The team is currently seeking an Apprentice Auto Electrician to join our vibrant team working in a high pace and exciting environment. The successful candidate will work alongside the Senior Auto Electrician on the day to day requirements of the race teams electrical necessities.
The main purpose of the role is to ensure the optimum performance of all electrical and electronic equipment. This includes maintaining and improving the performance of the car electrical, data and radio systems.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Assisting the Senior Auto Electrician in day to day requirements
- Ensuring the reliability of all car electric systems
- Learning and assisting in the maintenance and development of car & team electronic, electrical and hardware systems
- Availability & performance of data, AV, radio & electronic systems at the race circuit
- Understanding and learning how to fault diagnose
- Learn problem solving and troubleshooting electrical & hardware systems
- Motorsport wiring harness building, testing and maintenance
To be considered for this great opportunity, you will demonstrate the following:
- Proactive approach to your work
- An interest in electronics and learning
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- The capability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- The aptitude to work independently with high attention to detail
- Strong commitment to health and safety in the workplace
*Please note; there may be an element of travel to this role, in relation to attending race meets and events.
You will be joining a world-class sporting team which has the passion and drive for success where the drive for performance is relentless, offering new challenges every day.
To apply for this position, please send through your application to firstname.lastname@example.org