Apprentice Engine Builder
Tickford Racing Australia | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in Australia’s Supercars Championship, running four cars in Australia’s premier motorsport series. The team currently design, manufacturing, build and maintain all cars within Tickford’s large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs.
Tickford are currently seeking a 2nd or 3rd year Apprentice Engine Builder to assist in the assembly and reliability of Race Engines for competition use. The role entails engine preparation and assembly, car integration, and installed maintenance.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain a high standard of engine build, ensuring quality and reliability
- Ensure component life records are maintained
- Advise the supervisor and departmental staff of reliability issues encountered
- Assemble engines to specified tolerances and build list
- Liaise with the supervisor on development components and test engine build
- Check the quality of the parts that are assembled into the engines
- Validation of engine sub-systems
- Assist the race mechanics with engine fitments/changes when required
- Ensure that the engine is serviced to a high standard and is fit to race
- Assist in the retrieval and analysis of engine data
- Advise the supervisor and department members of any shortfalls or unforeseen usage of logistics
- Ensure the build program meets its objectives and advise the supervisor of any issues
- Maintain a clean, hygienic & safe work environment
- Be proactive in understanding and maintaining environmental standards, applicable to this role
- Attend race events/test days as required
- Work effectively as a member of the wider organization
Qualifications and skills required:
- Undergoing a relevant mechanical qualification
- Exposure in building race engines (Pushrod V8 is desirable)
- Training in OHS (desirable)
- Excellent written and numerical skills
- Excellent communication skills
This is a key role within a major sporting team. The individual must display a ‘can do’ and ‘team player’ attitude in order to be successful in this role. The successful candidate will portray excellent communication skills, will be self-motivated and ideally have a strong interest in motorsport.
*Please note there is a potential that this role could include some travel. The successful candidate may be required to travel to some race events throughout Australia.
If you feel you are the right person for the role, we encourage you to apply for this position by forwarding your cover letter and CV, quoting the job title to [email protected]