Branch Manager – Stapylton DC
R&J Batteries | Negotiable Full-Time
Stapylton QLD, QLD Australia
About R&J Batteries
Established in 1995, our philosophy of always delivering outstanding customer service combined with superior products has seen R&J Batteries become one of Australia’s fastest growing battery company. We are a true force throughout both Australia and New Zealand in the supply of batteries for all applications including automotive, commercial, motorcycle, marine, deep cycle, solar and industrial batteries.
With over 27 company-owned stores, R&J Batteries has 200+ employees and more than 8,000 experienced stockists and distributors.
Our intrinsic belief in building strong business relationships, based on mutual growth and by providing cost-effective solutions, coupled with the best in service has always been our mission and this will never change.
We are categorised and remain as an essential business through COVID-19, therefore, an immediate start is available, if requested.
About the POSITION
Based at our newly built state of the art Stapylton Distribution Centre, a rare opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced Branch Manager who can commit to, and uphold our Company values through demonstrating Respect, Mateship, Honesty, Do it Once Do it Right and Having fun! These values define who we are, what we do and how we do it!
Reporting directly to the QLD State Manager, you will lead, develop and manage a team of 13 sales and warehouse personnel.
This role will suit a manager who is hands on, with a detailed understanding of the day-to-day practical operational activities of running a high performing branch, preferably a Distribution Centre, including a trade/retail counter area.
This role requires a manager who can roll up their sleeves and work alongside their team. At times this plays out into operating a forklift, palletising stock and attending to customer enquiries on the trade counter.
Hours: 8:00am – 5:30pm with a 30 minute lunch break (some flexibility available), based on a 45 hour week.
Duties and Responsibilities
This key position will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing the Stapylton Distribution Centre, warehouse and sales staff to deliver on Company objectives
- Day to day operational management, ensuring efficiency and debtor control
- Managing and overseeing effective stock control (FIFO) to minimise aged stock
- Conduct personnel functions across the employee life cycle
- Coach, lead and guide your employees to help them achieve on KPI’s
- Develop and actively seek out new business in your region to expand and grow the business
- Ensure the customer experience is positive, leading to new opportunities and repeat business
- Minimum 3 + years Branch/Distribution Centre management experience, ideally within the automotive
- A Manager who leads by example, ethical, resilient with strong interpersonal skills, and previous people management experience. Passionate about leading their team to success within a hard-working environment
- Enjoy being hands on with staff, customers and suppliers to build long lasting working relationships
- Valid Australian Drivers licence is a must. Forklift Licence preferable, however not essential
- Well versed in Warehouse operations, considering all Safety requirements first and foremost and value workplace safety
- Well-developed communication skills and experienced in motivating your staff to achieve their KPI’s
- Capable and competent with managing administrative tasks, sales reports, stock-takes etc.
- You are physically fit and capable of heavy lifting, including some repetitive lifting. (Must be able to handle 30kg whilst observing safe lifting practices)
- You have a great sense of humour and are looking for your new ‘work family’
What makes this position SO GREAT
This is your opportunity to make a valuable contribution to one of Australia’s most recognised brands in the Battery industry.
- Our doors are wide open for you to build your career with training and development
- Internal product specialists to provide and support you with product training
- Amazing Staff discounts on all products
- Excellent company culture in a family-owned business
- Competitive Annual Salary relative to your experience
- Generous Managers KPI Rewards Program and Monthly Branch Bonus (after 6 months’ probation)
- Rewards and recognition – Company Values, Work Anniversary, and much more!
- Company vehicle, laptop and mobile phone
- Supplied R&J Batteries uniform, including annual re-ordering
- Employee Assistance Program for you and your family
- 17.5 % leave loading
- After 1 year have your Birthday day off!!
Aside from the Company culture, which is hard working and fun-loving, you will be working with a passionate group of people, who are committed to what they are doing, and this is reflected in the results and growth of the business.
Take the next step and APPLY NOW!
We thank you for considering R&J Batteries as a future employer, we welcome your interest in joining the R&J team. Click the Apply button and submit your application including a copy of your most updated Resume and Cover Letter.
As this is a full-time position, all applicants must hold permanent full working rights in Australia and be vaccinated against COVID-19 in line with your State’s directions and requirements.
R&J Batteries utilises on-line behavioural questionnaire’s as part of the selection process. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, police check and must show a clean driving history (all reimbursed by R&J Batteries).
We are R & J Batteries; Our People are industry leaders! Our Products are among the best in the world! Our Service will always be second to none! As an equal opportunity employer, we value and recognise that a diverse workforce leads to better business outcomes. We are committed to a safe and inclusive culture where employees are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. Our aim is to attract and retain the best people and therefore all our hiring decisions are based on merit, competence, and business requirements.