R&J Batteries | Negotiable Full-Time
Stapylton QLD, QLD Australia
We are R & J Batteries, one of Australia’s largest battery and oil distributors. Our batteries cover all applications: automotive, commercial, motorcycle, marine, deep cycle, solar and industrial.
With over 27 company-owned stores, R&J Batteries has 200+ employees and more than 8,000 experienced stockists and distributors. Our intrinsic belief in building strong business relationships, based on mutual growth and by providing cost-effective solutions, coupled with the best in service has always been our mission and this will never change. We are a market leader, a proud family-owned business where we look after our staff as family.
We are categorised and remain as an essential business through COVID-19, therefore, an immediate start is available, if requested.
About the POSITION
Based at our latest state of the art Stapylton Distribution Centre, a rare opportunity has arisen to appoint an experienced Branch Supervisor, who can commit to, and uphold our Company values through demonstrating Respect, Mateship, Honesty, Do it Once Do it Right and Having fun! These values define who we are, what we do and how we do it!
As our DC Branch Supervisor, you will be responsible for overseeing and supporting the daily operational and customer service requirements of the branch and its employees.
We need smeone who can roll up their sleeves and work alongside the team, attending to customer enquiries on the trade counter, operating a forklift (if licensed), palletising stock.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm with one hour for lunch, based on a 40-hour work week. Saturday morning rotating roster 8:00am to 12:00pm (4 hours overtime).
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the scope of the role includes:
- Proactive supervision of the branch, warehouse and sales team to deliver on Company objectives
- Assist with day-to-day operational management, ensuring efficiency and debtor control
- Perform administrative duties, processing Warranty claims, keeping sales records, daily cash till reconciliation and banking, completion of safety checklists
- Front Counter Sales; Serving customers, ensure the customer experience is positive, leading to new opportunities and repeat business
- Assist with effective stock control (FIFO) to minimise aged stock. Warehouse Operations including picking, packing, forklift driving. Testing, charging and fitting batteries (training provided)
- Backfill as Branch Manager when required, covering periods of annual/personal leave or extended travel.
- Contribute to a safe working environment
This role will suit someone that enjoys being hands on, with an understanding of the day-to-day practical Branch operational activities.
- Minimum 2 years Warehouse/Customer service experience, with at least 1 years in a supervisory role within a high-volume warehousing/branch environment
- Licenced and able to drive a Manual Vehicle
- Forklift licence is desired however not essential if you are able and willing to obtain in future
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to stay calm under pressure
- Enjoy being hands on with staff, customers and suppliers to build long lasting working relationships
- Sound knowledge of safe working practices, willing and able to perform physical manual handling (30kg +)
- Strong and effective communication skills and experienced in motivating a team to achieve targets
- Capable and competent with completing administrative tasks, good computer skills
- Professionally presented, with excellent communication skills
- You are reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Passion/Interest in the Automotive Industry – Battery and Product training will be provided
- You have a great sense of humour and are looking for your new ‘work family’!
What makes this position SO GREAT?
This is your opportunity to make a valuable contribution to one of Australia’s most recognised brands in the Battery Industry.
- Internal career progression! This position has become available due to an Internal promotion. Our doors are wide open for you to build your career with training and development
- Internal product specialists to provide and support you with product training
- Amazing Staff and family discounts on all products
- Excellent company culture in a family-owned business
- Monthly Branch Bonus (after 6 months’ probation)
- Rewards and recognition – Company Values, Work Anniversary, and much more!
- R&J Batteries uniform
- Employee Assistance Program
- After 1 year have your Birthday day off!!
Aside from the Company culture, which is hard working and fun-loving, you will be working with a passionate group of people, who are committed to what they are doing, and this is reflected in the results and growth of the business.
Excited about joining the team? APPLY NOW!
We thank you for considering R&J Batteries as a future employer! Click the Apply button and submit your application including a copy of your most updated resume.
As this is a full-time position, all applicants must hold permanent full working rights in Australia, and be vaccinated against COVID-19 in line with your state’s directions and requirements.
Please note: R&J Batteries utilises on-line behavioural questionnaires as part of the selection process for shortlisted candidates. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment medical, driving history and police check.
We are R & J Batteries; Our People are industry leaders! Our Products are among the best in the world! Our Service will always be second to none! As an equal opportunity employer, we value and recognise that a diverse workforce leads to better business outcomes. We are committed to a safe and inclusive culture where employees are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. Our aim is to attract and retain the best people and therefore all our hiring decisions are based on merit, competence, and business requirements.