PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
Who are we
PWR are global leaders in advanced cooling technologies who provide bespoke thermal solutions to all forms of motorsport, automotive, electric, aerospace and defence markets with locations in Australia, USA & Europe. Some of our customers include F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters and World Rally Championship.
Our customers require the best in design, manufacturing, quality and over all service. As an organisation we continue to deliver with increased investment in skilled staff and the lasted technology. We have a long history in producing some of the most highly skilled tradespeople in the industry and due to rapid growth we have multiple full-time career opportunities.
About the role
PWR has opened up an exciting career opportunity for experienced 3 and 5 Axis Machinists (or 3+2) for manufacture of complex CNC machined parts. Dual experience to both machine and program with the flexibility of either would be highly considered as this position will not suit a general engineering trained machinist.
Experienced machinists with high level of 3 and 5 axis milling experience, ideally in a high-speed machining environment with direct experience in aluminium surface and feature machining of complex components of an aerospace or motorsport industry. Verification of setup sheets and the proving out of new programs in a First Off situation. Experience using Mazak and HAAS CNC Milling Machines would be highly regarded, alternatively all applicants must have at least 5 years’ experience using similar machining cells.
The PWR facility operates on a day and afternoon shift basis, the successful applicant will be required to be flexible and available to work either shift when required. Hourly Rate: $25.00 – $35.00.
- Position – Requirements for a 3 or 5 Axis (or 3+2) CNC Machinist
- Industry Qualified in an Engineering discipline or similar level qualification.
- 5 years’ minimum experience of High-Speed Machining.
- Experience around Mazak Variaxis and HAAS machining centres desirable.
- Good understanding of tooling selection and procedures.
- Verification and accuracy of component, recording results, reporting any issues.
- Assist and support colleagues in other production specific tasks when help is needed.
- Time served machinist or equivalent recognised apprenticeship/ experience.
- Ability to read and interpret aerospace/defence style engineering drawings, customer specifications and condition of supply.
- You must be highly detail orientated.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- FREE Breakfast, Morning tea and Lunch provided everyday in our onsite “Diner”
- Uniforms provided
- Career progression
How to apply
Forward your resume and cover letter through for consideration. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process, reference checks, police check and a medical/drug/alcohol assessment.
You must be fully COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate. Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.