CNC Machinist / CAM Programmer – 5 axis
Tickford Racing Australia | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team races Ford Mustang entries and is responsible for the design, manufacture, build and maintenance of each of its race cars. The team is housed in a large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an exceptionally skilled CAM Programmer / CNC Metal Machinist to join our team and work within our modern machining facility, assisting in the production of a variety of complex machined components.
• Programming, setting and operating our range on DMG Mori (Seiki) and Mazak CNC equipment including multi-axis machining centres and 5 / 3-axis mills.
• Ensure all parts are completed to the highest possible quality standards.
• Ensure all parts are QA checked and are completed in line with specifications and drawings.
• Requisition of tooling and materials required to produce components as required.
To be considered successful for this position, candidates must:
• Have a minimum of 5 years CNC/CAM experience.
• Have a Milling background (Mill Turn experience is desirable but not essential).
• Competent with 5 axis milling of complex surfaces and parts.
• Have a high level of computer literacy, fluency with various programming languages and CAM programming, preferably with UG NX (Unigraphics).
• Be committed, motivated and self-disciplined and have a mindset of continuous improvement in their work.
A comprehensive knowledge of Heidenham, G-code and or Mazatrol would be beneficial.
The candidate must have a ‘can do’, ‘team playing’ attitude, the ability to work under minimal supervision and in a professional manner with a keen interest in Motorsport.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and able to work full-time.
This role would ideally suit an individual who has the drive and ambition to develop within the department as there is an opportunity to progress to a senior supervisory role.
If you wish to apply for this position please forward your CV and letter of application to [email protected]