Team 18 HR | $40,000 - $60,000 Full-Time
Mt Waverley, Victoria Australia
Reporting to the Team Manager, as a key member of Team 18, you will be working closely with the Team 18 Technical Director and Engineer to collect and analyse data; both at the workshop allocated at Mt Waverley and during all Supercar Championship races around Australia. Specific responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- To collect relevant data which will enable the Technical Director and Engineer to be adequately informed to impact performance/strategy decisions
- To attend all Supercar Championship events & Tests, and be directly responsible for collecting and analysing data from the race car for all events, ensuring all pre and post event data reports are useful and timely
- To attempt to solve issues which are impacting the race car’s performance, ensuring any irregularities are communicated proactively
- Collaboratively assist with suggestions of configuration changes and electrical updates based on data collected
- Work closely with management & Engineering team to discuss data analytics and likely race scenarios
- When required, communicate with the driver/s to extract the best possible performance out of the car on track, translating technical issues where required
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and a willingness to work as a member of a close knit team at all times.
- Work cohesively and develop key relationships with all members of Team 18 including, the Team Manager, Technical Director, Race Engineer, Crew Chief, mechanics and other stakeholders
- Ensure the health and safety policy, standard operating procedures and guidelines are managed correctly and adhered to at all times
- Be well presented, and always wearing team uniform when required
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and a willingness to work as a member of a close knit team at all times
The Right Person for the Role:
The successful candidate is an experienced or aspiring Data Engineer, seeking their next career step. You embrace challenges and responsibility with enthusiasm and energy. You enjoy a being part of a successful team, pride yourself on your professional approach and possess a positive attitude.
Specifically you display the following:
- Prior or recent experience in a Supercar team environment advantageous • Electrical knowledge advantageous
- Qualified Engineering degree with a broad based education in mathematics and/or physics • Desire to provide excellent mechanical knowledge/diagnosis with ability to present and communicate information clearly
- Exceptional analytical skills to critically assess trends and complex numerical data, in order to convey information and provide robust conclusions
- Capacity to communicate findings logically and in a manner which enables clear understanding of concepts
- Exceptional computer & software skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft excel, MoTeC Dash Manager and i2
- Ability to work alone and successfully with a team
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure
In return we offer the right candidate an industry leading culture, excellent working conditions, competitive salary, and ongoing support.
If this role is of interest and you feel you can bring energy and commitment to the role, please forward your application letter and resume and APPLY NOW to Leanne Jackson HR Manager. Only successful applicants will be contacted.