Data Analyst – Graduate Opportunity
Team 18 HR | $40,000 - $60,000 Full-Time
Mt Waverley, Victoria Australia
Do you dream about using your skill, working in the V8 Supercar environment?
As a key member of the Team 18 Engineering group, you will be working closely with the Technical Director and Engineer team
to collect and analyse data; both at the workshop allocated at Mt Waverley and during all Supercar Championship races around Australia. Specific responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Responsible for maintenance and development of electrical systems on the race car
- Responsible for Data acquisition and analysis to ensure reliability and performance of the Race car
- Responsible for the upkeep and improvement of pit and workshop electrical systems and Radios
- Provide the Race Engineer and Driver with information in a timely manner and contribute to improved performance at the racetrack
- Work closely with the race engineer on your allocated car in terms of preparation, car setup and race strategy.
- Work closely with all team members including the Team manager, crew chief and pit crew to ensure good preparation at the workshop and good performance at the racetrack
- Develop analytical tools to improve the team’s understanding and use of gathered data • Provide technical support to other areas of the race team, including writing of technical bulletins, development and documentation of new processes and problem solving.
- Liaise with external partners and suppliers to source components or services for the team
- Ensure the health and safety policy, standard operating procedures and guidelines are always managed correctly and adhered to
- Be well presented, and always wearing team uniform when required
- Demonstrate a professional attitude and a willingness to work as a member of a close-knit team
The Right Person for the Role:
The successful candidate is an experienced or aspiring Data Engineer with a view to progressing toward the role of Race engineer. You embrace challenges and responsibility with enthusiasm and energy. You enjoy a being part of a successful team, pride yourself on your professional approach and possess a positive attitude.
Specifically you display the following:
- Qualified Engineering degree with specialties relevant to the automotive area
- Prior experience in a motorsport environment would be advantageous
- Good mechanical knowledge and understanding of common automotive systems
- Understanding of Electrical systems and ability to perform simple wiring tasks
- Familiarity with the concepts of Vehicle Dynamics and suspension kinematics
- Solid analytical skills and an ability to critically assess trends and complex numerical data.
- Innovative and able to find solutions
- Strong commitment towards good planning, communication and documentation.
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft excel, Visual basic, and other computational tools
- Familiarity with MoTeC ECU, Dash Manager, I2 or other data acquisition packages would be an advantage
- Strong design skills and familiarity with Solidworks or similar design packages.
- Committed to working as part of a team and proactive in pursuing constant improvement
- Ability to work in a fast paced, unpredictable environment and remain calm under pressure.
In return we offer the right candidate an industry leading culture, excellent working conditions, competitive salary, and ongoing support.
If this role is of interest and you feel you can bring energy and commitment to the role, please forward your application letter and resume and APPLY NOW to Leanne Jackson HR Manager. Only successful applicants will be contacted.