PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, QLD Australia
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology, an Australian owned company, is a global market leader in the design and manufacture of high performance, automotive cooling solutions. As a worldwide leader in cooling technologies, PWR supplies high profile race teams in Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, WRC, DTM, and LMP among others. PWR also has a strong presence in the automotive aftermarket and is continually growing OE business activities with high-end, prestigious customers.
The primary role of the Design Engineer is to create new or revised product designs, or processes that capture customer (internal and external) criteria and are appropriate for manufacture within PWR’s production capabilities.
- Use high level 2D & 3D design skills – AutoCAD and Solidworks
- Reverse engineer solutions to specific problems from customer supplied geometry and models
- Perform low level simulation tasks (using the simulation tools integrated in Solidworks)
- Ensure that designs released are fit-for-purpose, conform to PWR manufacturing capability, and are appropriately detailed for the specific project
- Participate in discussions with the relevant departments regarding programming & manufacturing process to ensure designs can produced efficiently while minimising manufacturing complexity relevant to the status of project
- Negotiate with external suppliers and create documentation to procure and purchase for manufacturing
- Create detailed bills of materials (BOMs) for manufactured components
- Ensure accurate data entry
- Maintain accurate MRP and ERP systems
- Develop project plans to prioritise work
- Manage workflow
- Create, implement, and maintain workplace systems and work instructions in accordance with AS9100 and ISO9001 protocols to ensure consistency and continuity amongst staff
- General ability to perform manual manufacture and assembly tasks
- 1-3 years experience
- Dedication, drive and passion for the industry
- High attention to detail
- Possess a general understanding of product function in context of the application
- Possess an ability to identify and apply relevant field knowledge, and engineering principles to ensure application appropriate design
- High level problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Self-motivated and able to monitor personal workload, and mentor peer Design Engineers
- Ability to effectively prioritise customer requirements
- High level skills in AutoCad and SolidWorks
- Engineering or Industrial Design diploma.
- Free freshly cooked morning tea and lunch provided every day in our onsite “Diner”
- Uniforms provided
- Career progression
How to apply
Please send CVs and cover letter through for consideration. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process entailing interviews, background/reference checks a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test. You must be Double or Triple COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.