Walkinshaw Andretti United | Negotiable Full-Time
Clayton, Victoria Australia
Walkinshaw Andretti United (WAU) compete in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship and have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Technician based in Clayton, Melbourne.
As the Electrical Technician you will be responsible for manufacturing and maintaining the electrical components of the Supercar vehicles and equipment both at the racetrack and in the workshop.
You will be primarily responsible for, but not limited to:
- Design and manufacture of electrical looms;
- Maintenance of Sensors and other electrical hardware;
- Programming and maintenance of Radio hardware;
- Electrical stock management, both for the workshop and in the transporter;
- Assist with the preparation and maintenance of equipment used by the Race Team and business; and
- Be willing to travel to race meetings throughout Australia and Internationally;
To be a success in this role, you will:
- Be a trade qualified Automotive Electrician with minimum 3 years’ experience working in the Supercar category or equivalent;
- Proficiency with Motec Data Acquisition Software, particularly i2, Dash Manager and PDM Manager;
- Proficiency with Radio programming;
- Be enthusiastic, flexible and detail oriented and keen to contribute to the success of our Race Team;
- Have a strong aptitude for problem solving;
- Be adaptable to a changing work environment and competing demands;
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suit.
This will be a travelling position including attendance at all race meetings, test days and ride days for WAU and it will also be a requirement to perform a role with the Pit Stop Crew.
If you have the drive and ability to be an important member of our team, then please forward your application letter and CV to [email protected]