Engine Development Engineer
Tickford Racing Australia | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the V8 Supercars Championship. The team runs four Ford Falcon V8 Supercars in the series and is responsible for the design, manufacturing, building and maintenance of each of its race cars. The team is housed in a large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the ongoing development and engineering of race and test engines as well as working with the wider engine department to ensure performance and reliability are maintained at a high standard at all times.
Responsibilties will include; but are not limited to:
- Engine component and assembly design
- Develop and oversee the direction of race engine programs.
- Complete innovative designs that ensure quality and competitiveness.
- Data analysis and engineering support of engine program.
- Pre and post-race analysis.
- Procurement and integration of engine components.
- Operation of engines, including calibration tuning, evaluation of performance KPI’s and inspection.
- Reliability and installation of race engines.
- Supervise operation of engine dynamometer and associated equipment.
- Liaison with External suppliers and governing body
- Ensuring OH&S procedures are followed.
To be successful for this position you must possess the following skills:
- Automotive/Mechanical Engineering degree or equivalent
- Engine calibration experience with either an OE Automotive or Motorsport background
- Experience using CAD software, preferably NX Siemens would be ideal
- The ability to manage a small group of technicians
- Hands on approach
- Proven ability in workshop development and inspection of high performance engines and assemblies
- Strong attention to detail and proactive thinking
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills
- Problem solving abilities
This is a travelling role which may require domestic and international travel from time to time.
To fulfill this demanding yet exciting role, the successful candidate will possess a high level of drive, motivation and be flexible to meet the ever evolving needs of the team.
To apply for this position please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org