Motorcycling Australia | $40,000 - $60,000 Full-Time Featured
Westmeadows, Vic Australia
Motorcycling Australia (MA) is the peak body for Motorcycle Sport in Australia as recognized by the Australian Sports Commission (SportAus) and is an affiliated federation of the Federation Internationale de Motocyclisme (FIM); the world governing body for Motorcycle Sport.
A non for-profit organization, MA has over 30,000 annual license holders and has a participation of around 250,000 per annum. MA is also the promoter of the Australian Superbike Championship (ASBK), Australian Motocross Championship (ProMX) and the Australian Off-Road Championship (AORC).
A new and exciting opportunity has presented itself for a strong Events Coordinator with at least one year or more experience to join a dedicated MA Events Team in helping to develop and grow motorcycle racing nationally and to support FIM sanctioned International Motorcycle Championship Events.
OBJECTIVES OF THE POSITION
1. Ensure the successful administration of Australian Championships, National events and International events held within Australia.
2. Develop and maintain relationships with Motorcycling Australia’s event-related promoters, clubs, commissions and other stakeholders.
3. Oversee the operational aspects of selected Australian Motorcycle Championships promoted by Motorcycling Australia.
DUTIES OF THE POSITION
Australian Championships and National Events
Events include but not limited to:
• Australian Superbike Championship (ASBK)
• Australian Motocross Championship (ProMX)
• Australian Off Road Championship (AORC)
• Oceania Junior Cup (OJC)
• Australian Historic Championships
• Australian Junior Motocross (AJMX)
• Australian Junior Road Race Championships
• Australian Sidecar Championships
• Australian Speedway Championship
• World Superbike Championship
MA Promoted Australian Championships
• Coordinate all communication with competitors, teams, contractors, and partners;
• End to end management of the Volunteer Officials Program;
• Coordinate all travel for Staff and Senior Officials, including accommodation, flights, and car hire;
• Oversee administration of Sporting Regulations, yearly calendar, event schedule;
• Coordinate competitor rider numbers, entries, and distribute prize money
• Liaise with circuits to finalise track hire, catering, and event specific information;
• Coordinate all spectator information including website, ticketing, and off-track activity;
• Assist Marketing Manager with website updates, promotional activities, social media posts, program, and other items as needed;
• Assist Race Secretary with competitor entry list, garage allocation, and event documents;
• Arrange artwork, signage, trophies, and promotional items.
Coordinate and manage the pre and post administration of MA’s national events:
• applications to host;
• hosting approvals;
• appointment of officials (in conjunction with the Training & Officials Coordinator);
• promoters packs;
• permits and insurance;
• International Meeting Numbers;
• Planning and coordination of events as required e.g. coordination of event operations and logistics, travel arrangements, event entries, event advertising, event promotion, grant applications;
• Provide relevant information and resources to appointed officials, Steward and Clerk of Course;
• Liaise with relevant stakeholders and Commission in the development of supplementary regulations and resolution of event-related issues;
• Liaise with clubs/promoters of Australian Championships and National events;
• Archive essential information i.e. SR, list of competitors, results, stewards report, incident and injury reports;
• Liaise with riders regarding general queries about events;