Tickford Racing | $60,000 - $80,000 Full-Time Featured
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team runs four Ford Falcon V8 Supercars in the series and is responsible for the design, manufacturing, building and maintenance of each of its race cars. The team is housed in a large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs, Campbellfield.
We have an exciting opportunity for an exceptionally skilled Fabricator to join our team and work within our modern facility, assisting in the production of a variety of complex components.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Building and maintaining the race team’s chassis, suspension and cooling system components
- Self-check of work produced
- Ensure material traceability and part record are kept and maintained
- Read and interpret drawings and ensure all components are made to specification and delivered within agreed timeframes
- Complete welds in accordance to specification with no cracks
- Ensure all parts are completed accurately to the highest possible quality standards
- Maintain a clean, hygienic and safe work environment
- Attend race events and test days
To be considered successful for the role, candidates must obtain:
- Relevant fabrication qualification
- Previous experience as a sheet metal worker/fabricator,
- Experience working with various materials including aluminium, stainless steel, chrome moly and mild steel
- Numerical and verbal critical reasoning skills
- Commitment, motivation and self-discipline
- Mindset of continuous improvement in their work
- A ‘can do’ and ‘team playing’ attitude
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and in a professional manner
*This is a travelling role which requires travel to race events and test days interstate and New Zealand.
The position is technically challenging and you must be committed to achieving aggressive production targets, with a flexible approach to working hours to meet deadlines as and when production demands require.
If you wish to apply for this position, please forward your CV and letter of application with salary expectations, quoting the job title to Clive Sangster, email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 31 August 2018.