Manufacturing Production Assistant – Automotive, Defence, Aerospace
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
PWR are global leaders in advanced cooling technologies who provide bespoke thermal solutions to all forms of motorsport, automotive, electric, aerospace and defence markets with locations in Australia, USA & Europe. Some of our customers include F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters and World Rally Championship.
Our customers require the best in design, manufacturing, quality and over all service. As an organisation we continue to deliver with increased investment in skilled staff and the lasted technology. We have a long history in producing some of the most highly skilled tradespeople in the industry and due to rapid growth we have multiple full-time career opportunities.
Whether you are a school leaver or seeking a career change PWR has opportunities for driven individuals who bring a can-do attitude and are looking to kick start a career path. You don’t have to have the experience as you will have full on the job training provided by our experts. The available position as a Manufacturing Production Assistant located at Ormeau (4208) will include the following duties but not limited to:
- Monday to Thursday 7:00AM to 3:00PM and Friday 6:00AM to 2:30PM
- Component preparation and assembly
- Operate specialised machinery or equipment
- Deburring and polishing parts
- Quality Assurance
- Assist trades people
- Desired Skills and Experience
- Commitment to safety, quality and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret documentation and basic detailed drawings
- Use of basic hand tools
- Ability to work unsupervised and be self-driven
- Flexible with overtime and afternoon shift work when required
- Able to troubleshoot problematic jobs
- Experience with TIG Welding, Sheetmetal or mechanical background (highly regarded but not essential)
- Professional appearance
- Own reliable vehicle
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical and random drug and alcohol testing
- Confident decision maker
- A good understanding of the English language, both written and oral
What We Can Offer
- Multiple full-time career opportunities
- Fully Funded Apprenticeships (should you show interested in progressing this pathway)
- Long Term career path within a growing global business
- On-site training and support
- Uniforms provided
- Free Breakfast, Morning Tea & Lunch provided freshly cooked every day by our Chefs.
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter through for consideration. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process, reference checks, police check and a medical/drug/alcohol assessment. You must be fully COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
When submitting your cover letter please tell us why you’re interested in this role and outline any involvement you have (if any) working on cars or with tools, professionally or at a hobby level.
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.