Tickford Racing | Negotiable Full-Time
CAMPBELLFIELD, Victoria Australia
Data Race Engineer
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team races Ford Mustang entries and is responsible for the design, manufacture, build and maintenance of each of its race cars. The team is housed in a large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs.
We invite expressions of interest from engineers that have prior experience within the motorsport industry and are looking to further their career within the industry. This is a newly created position at Tickford as the engineering department looks to expand and develop in new areas of research.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring development requirements are highlighted to the Engineering department
• Ensure the best use of track time to achieve the objectives for the team
• Maximise potential of car at events
• Ensure the effective management of vehicle systems during events
• Contributing to the pre-race strategy discussions, data collection and implementation of improvements
• Actively participate in the research & development of the vehicle for racing applications
• Interpret vehicle data to make informed decisions on performance
• Conducting research & development programs in both practical and simulation environments
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Tertiary qualified in Mechanical or Automotive engineering
• 2+ years’ experience as a Motorsport Data or Race Engineer
• Ability to travel and work at all race meetings on the Supercar calendar
• Previous experience with CAD software packages
• Exposure to electrical system operation and maintenance
• Experience with or interest in developing programming skills (Python, C++, Java & MATLAB)
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and able to work full-time.
This role would ideally suit an individual who has the drive and ambition to develop within the department, while some flexibility in responsibilities and tasks is available to adjust and cater for the prior experience of the candidate.
Salary negotiable depending on the applicants prior industry experience.
Applications to be sent to [email protected]