Motorsport Wiring Tutor – Queenstown New Zealand
High Performance Academy Ltd | $60,000 - $80,000 Full-Time Featured
Queenstown, Otago Australia
Are you our new wiring tutor?
Are you currently working in the professional motorsport wiring industry? Do you pride yourself on creating wiring harnesses that are both functional and works of art? Do you want to work on exciting projects that can include everything from world-class hill climb, our own race cars to old F1 cars? Do you want to work in a low stress high reward industry?
If you’ve answered yes to these questions then we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a skilled motorsport harness builder to become a Wiring Tutor here at HPA. We have a membership of 25000+ car enthusiasts, professionals and students from all around the world that look to us for motorsport wiring education and support. As a Wiring Tutor you would spend your time wiring our in house project cars, adding to our wiring training courses and supporting our current members.
What is in it for you?
Working for HPA will give you professional visibility on a global scale. You will be presenting course material and hosting webinars that will be viewed by millions of people all around the world.
These viewers include enthusiasts as well as motorsport and industry professionals alike. This will establish and build your professional profile and credibility, providing you with future opportunities outside of HPA that may otherwise be difficult to find. The role will also include travel to events where you will meet smart industry leaders.
Who We Are Looking For
The ideal candidate will have:
- Industry experience producing professional-grade motorsport wiring harnesses
- In-depth knowledge of the tools, products and best practice techniques used to construct motorsport grade wiring harnesses (e.g concentric twisting, working with autosport connectors and professional crimp tools)
- An ability to explain complex concept topics in an easy to understand manner
- A real passion for motorsport and helping the wider performance community
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to be in front of the camera (don’t worry, we can offer training here!)
We understand that nobody can know everything and occasionally you might get asked a question that is outside your experience. The ideal candidate will be able to recognise this and have the skills to research and find answers to these questions.
What you will be doing
In this position, you will never have a dull day with plenty of variety in your day to day tasks. Your tasks will include researching and writing course material, presenting courses in our studio, designing and constructing wiring harnesses, hosting educational webinars and helping with testing at the race track.
The position will see you:
- Support our members in our members only forum (hpacademy.com/forum)
- Research, write and present training courses
- Research and write technical articles and social content (instagram.com/hpa101 – facebook.com/hpacademy)
- Help build and manage in-house projects
Where is the HPA based?
Queenstown is in the South Island of New Zealand. It’s NZ’s adventure capital and is widely regarded all around the world. Queenstown provides a stunning alpine backdrop providing world-class ski fields in winter, lakes for water sports in summer, and some of NZ’s best tramping, four wheel driving terrain, and mountain bike trails. We are only 40mins away from the best race track in the country Highlands Motorsport Park.
What does the position pay?
We are negotiable on both salary and relocation costs to the right candidate. Salary will be based on your experience and relevant skills.