Motorsports Applications Engineer
Motec Pty Ltd | Negotiable Full-Time
Croydon South, Victoria Australia
- Internationally Renowned Class Leader in World Motorsport Technology
- Supportive & Friendly Team
- Excellent Career Opportunity
We are an Australian company that’s at the cutting edge of world motorsport technology. Now boasting a network of over two hundred authorised dealers worldwide, and with main offices in Europe and the USA, this innovative Australian brand has become synonymous with motor racing success in almost every category across the globe.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Motorsport Applications Engineer who is truly passionate about what they do to join our friendly team at our global Research Centre based in Croydon South and take charge of our next generation of products.
Your role will include:
- Day to day telephone & email support ranging from sales enquiries and quotes to detailed customer problems with Engine Management.
- Provide high level technical and sales support to dealers.
- Make necessary engineering calculations to support product selection/recommendation.
- In field technical support at race meetings and customer premises as required (some travel & weekend work involved).
- Fault Find and troubleshoot installations.
- Engineer new installations.
- Configure systems as required.
- Assist in Software and or Firmware feedback.
- Carry out dynamometer tuning.
- Prototype installations.
- Present seminars as required in Melbourne, interstate and abroad.
- Attendance at relevant trade shows as required.
- Preparation and maintenance of related internal documentation.
- Identify CAN applications that have potential to be incorporated into other products for wider use. •Perform sensor calibration & injector testing.
- Dynamometer testing and tuning.
You will also need to possess the following skills/qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years experience in a motorsport/automotive environment
- Sound knowledge of internal combustion engines
- Electronic engineering background will be highly regarded
- Knowledge of OE systems including ABS, DSC and body electronics will be advantageous
- High level of computer skills will be highly regarded
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong customer focus
- Ability to work within a team environment
We are looking for someone with a can-do approach who is happy to roll their sleeves up and be a part of the team.
If you believe you meet the criteria and want to work in a friendly and progressive company, then we look forward to hearing from you.