No 1 Mechanic
Team 18 HR | $60,000 - $80,000 Full-Time
Mount Waverley, Victoria Australia
We are currently seeking an outstanding individual to join our race team as a No.1 Race Mechanic at Irwin Racing!
This will be an exciting year with a new major sponsor, new car and new driver! Reporting to the Team Manager, as a member of Team 18, your main responsibility is guiding the race mechanic crew to coordinate the effective maintenance of the assigned race car; both at the workshop allocated at Mt Waverley and travelling with the Team 18 crew to all V8 Super Car Championship races around Australia:
- Creating job lists and ensuring all task timelines are met in order to satisfy the expectations and obligations of the Super Car Championship schedule
- Carrying out allocated and scheduled work in accordance with quality standards
- Maintenance and repair of racing car
- Working to deliver constant improvements to the racing car
- Complete in race repairs and pit stops
- Complete all paperwork associated with each job in a timely and accurate fashion
- Ensure the condition and presentation of the workshop on site and at race meets is maintained to Team 18 standards
- Be responsible for the condition and security of Team 18 tools, plant and setup manuals and worksheets
- Maintaining neat and tidy appearance, always wearing the Team 18 uniform, demonstrating your professional attitude at all times
The Right Person for the Role:
The successful candidate must be an individual who is experienced and skilled in the role, embraces challenges and responsibility with enthusiasm and energy. You enjoy a being part of a successful team, pride yourself on your professional approach and possess a positive attitude.
Specifically you display the following:
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a V8 Super Car team environment preferred
- Qualified tradesperson specialising in motor mechanics essential to role
- Desire to provide excellent mechanical knowledge/diagnosis with ability to present and communicate information clearly
- Ability to work alone and successfully with a team
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure
In return we offer the right candidate an industry leading culture, excellent working conditions, competitive salary, and ongoing support.
If this role is of interest and you feel you can bring energy and commitment to the role, please forward your application letter and resume and APPLY NOW to Leanne Jackson HR Manager – email@example.com Only successful applicants will be contacted.