No.1 Race Mechanic
MSR | Negotiable Full-Time
Yatala, Queensland Australia
Matt Stone Racing is seeking to employ a No.1 Race Mechanic to work on one of the teams’ ZB Commodores in the Virgin Australia Supercars Championship.
This position is based out of the team’s headquarters in Yatala, Gold Coast, Queensland. This role encompasses travelling to all tests and race events.
The ideal candidate would be working as part of the teams mechanical crew focusing on the hands on preparation, build and maintenance of one of the cars.
The role will encompass many and varied tasks such as:
- Liaising with the crew chief and race engineer to carry out mechanical changes as per setup sheets and setup changes during race meetings
- Working within strict deadlines to ensure tasks are completed
- Overseeing the preparation, build and maintenance of the racecar
- Working with and delegating jobs to relevant no.2 mechanic
- Training and performing as part of the teams pitstop crew
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Experience in this role previously (ideally in Supercars, or similar level)
- A positive and professional work ethic
- An ability to work pro-actively in a team environment
Please note only successful candidates or those selected for an interview will be contacted.