Number One Mechanic
Matt Stone Racing | Negotiable Full-Time
Yatala, Queensland Australia
The opportunity is a position on Matt Stone Racing’s Supercar Team as the category heads into the Gen3 era.
The position is perfect for an experienced #1 mechanic wanting to make a difference and become involved in a dynamic, up-and-coming young team.
This is also an excellent and rare opportunity for a current #2 mechanic to make the next step up and will be given the required support and guidance from other experienced team members.
We are seeking someone with significant experience in the motorsport industry ideally from Supercars or further afield.
Who we are.
Matt Stone Racing (MSR) is based in Yatala on the Gold Coast in Queensland. MSR has competed in various Australian racing championships and series and have won titles in the Dunlop Super2 Series, Touring Car Masters and V8 Utes. MSR has moved to focus its efforts on the Repco Supercars Championship with drivers Jack Le Brocq and Cameron Hill in 2023.
A little more about the Number 1 Mechanic Role.
The role will be responsible for the performance, maintenance and running of race cars along with other responsibilities required for getting cars and components ready to travel to and from circuits. Experience working within a race team is preferable as is a performance and results driven mindset. We require this person to be part of the pit crew with an emphasis on physical training to improve personal and team performance.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following attributes:
– Be highly motivated, a self-starter and able to adapt to meet the changing needs of the team
– Have the ability to build and setup race cars to specifications.
– Possess an ability to solve problems under pressure.
– Have a willingness to be a team player and a desire to succeed.
– Be fit and healthy with the ability to safely lift heavy items.
– Display a high attention to detail and cleanliness in your work.
– Have good time, organisational and project management skills.
– Possess strong communication skills
– Have a proven ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
Other attributes that are beneficial to this role include:
– Have a trade qualification as a mechanic or significant experience in the motorsport industry, with fabrication and machining skills also being desirable.
– Be understanding of and have the ability to be able to travel for periods of time during the race season.
– Be flexible to working extended hours (including weekends) to meet deadlines if required.
– You must be an Australian resident, or already have a valid long term Australian working visa to apply.
This is a full-time position and salary will be discussed in person. All applicants and correspondence will be handled confidentially and only those who are shortlisted for interviews will be contacted.
Send your cover letter and resume to Pete: [email protected]
Added: 9th February 2023
Job Type: Full-Time
Posted in: Mechanic
Location: Yatala, Queensland 4207 Australia
Company: Matt Stone Racing