Part Time Race Mechanic/Mentor Position Vacant
| Negotiable Part-Time Featured
Racing Together is a registered charity dedicated to promoting the participation of Australia’s Indigenous Youth in motorsport. The Racing Together Team is based at Norwell Motorplex, in Logan QLD.
We are looking for an exceptional individual to work on average 3 days per week, including most Saturdays and approximately 10 Sundays per year; training, managing and mentoring our Norwell-based team members. The main focus of the program is the preparation and running of 3 Hyundai Excels in Queensland State Championship race events at Morgan Park and Queensland Raceway. There is also the possibility that the successful applicant will be asked to assist with the Townsville based Racing Together program from time to time.
The following skills are desirable:
- Ability to mentor team members
- Experience as a race mechanic
- Ability to manage logistics of a race weekend
- Race car preparation
- An acute awareness of safety issues
- Ability to relate to, and manage, up to 10 Indigenous youths aged 12 to 18
- Holder of Blue Card (or ability to obtain same)
- Heavy Vehicle license
A very competitive salary is available for the right applicant.
Applications by email to: [email protected]