PROGRAMMING AND DATA ENGINEER
Supercars | Negotiable Full-Time Featured
Southport, QLD Australia
The Repco Supercars Championship is the premier motorsport category in Australasia and one of the most watched and attended sports in the country. The sport is evolving and is now globally recognised as the best touring car category in the world and a leader in motorsport entertainment.
Our ambition is to be a part of every Australian household. That is, we aim to grow value by increasing our reach and improving our market relevance, so along with the much-anticipated introduction of the Gen 3 platform, it is an exciting time to be a member of the Supercars team, as we continue to grow as one of the leaders in Australian sport.
YOUR ROLE IN A NUTSHELL:
The responsibility of the Technical department is increasing as we improve our scrutineering ability and capacity to provide a level playing field for all competitors.
Your role will be to assist the Technical and greater Motorsport department to maintain the technical integrity of the Repco Supercars Championship through ongoing monitoring of teams and specific analysis of their data.
REPORTING OF THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Motorsport Technical Manager you will play a key role in delivering our motorsport and team related objectives.
- Head of Motorsport
- Motorsport Technical Manager
- Motorsport Operations Manage
- Team Engineers and Mechanics
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES / KEY RESULTS:
While in the office:
- Data analysis
- Collation and storage of all forms data: timing, ECU, and data logger.
- Lap time analysis and championship points.
- Fuel consumption and race strategy.
- Generation of reports required by Control part suppliers.
- Breakdown of device configurations: ECU, PDM, data logger, display.
- Pre-event preparation of required templates, and overview of upcoming event.
- Post-event scrutineering checks as required.
- Assist with new vehicle homologations, including aerodynamic and engine
- Assist other departments with technical deliverables.
- Provide statistics and technical information to other departments as required.
TRACK / EVENTS BASED TASKS:
- Respond to team enquiries.
- Maintain a presence on pit lane.
- Downloading ECU data post session, or as required.
- Collecting data from team’s data logger.
- Producing reports from telemetry or logged data to help enforce rules.
- Downloading and processing data from accident data recorders.
- Assist the deputy race director or driving standards advisor when required.
- Set-up and tear-down of motorsport operations
- Set-up tear down and maintenance of Supercars data centre
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL POSSESS:
- Degree level qualification in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Broad based education in mathematics and/or physics
- CAD design experience (Solidworks preferred).
- Previous experience in a Motorsport / FSAE desirable
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (ie.ability to write macros and scripts, etc)
- Motec/Pi data acquisition and MoTeC Dash Manager and i2 exp
- Programming skills (Visual Basics, etc).
You embrace challenges and responsibility with enthusiasm and energy. You enjoy a being part of a successful team, pride yourself on your professional approach and
possess a positive attitude.
YOU DISPLAY THE FOLLOWING:
- Prior or recent experience in a Supercars team environment advantageous
- Electrical knowledge advantageous
- Desire to provide excellent mechanical knowledge/diagnosis with ability to present and communicate information clearly
- Exceptional analytical skills to critically assess trends and complex numerical data, in order to convey information and provide robust conclusions
- Capacity to communicate findings logically and in a manner which enables clear understanding of concepts
- Exceptional computer & software skills
- Exceptional knowledge of Microsoft excel,
- Ability to work alone and successfully with a team
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure