Public Relations Professional
Tickford Racing | $40,000 - $60,000 Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing Pty Ltd is seeking a Public Relations Professional. This is a permanent full-time role.
Tickford Racing is an elite team in Australia’s Supercars Championship, running four cars in Australia’s premier motorsport series. The team currently design, manufacturing, build and maintain all cars within Tickford’s large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs of Campbellfield.
This role will work closely with various internal and external stakeholders, including media, commercial partners, members and the sport’s governing body. The aim of this role is to drive positive communication outcomes and create engaging, industry-leading content across owned and earned channels. Content creation is a significant part of this role so we want someone who truly understands what content is and can provide the team and its commercial partners with significant coverage.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree or higher qualification with at least 2 years working experience or 5 years relevant work experience to the role;
• Attention to detail
• Effective prioritisation, organisation and multitasking
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Communication skills
• Formal degree in Journalism or Public Relations /Communications
• Demonstrated experience within the Motorsport industry of up to 5 years or more
• Advanced skills in software programs such as WordPress, Adobe Suite programs
• Demonstrated experience in creating social media content and campaigns that resonate with fans and loyalty and enthusiasm.
• Must be able to work flexible working hours and weekends
• Must be able to commit to frequent travel on weekends to attend race events
• Ability to solve problems and work against tight deadlines
• Experience working amongst a high degree of confidentiality
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Managing, planning and organising publicity campaigns and events to promote the Company’s image
• Evaluate the public relations position of the Company and develop strategies and campaigns to improve position
• Assess and report on implication of Company practices and policy on public image
• Represent and promote the company at events and with the media
• Frequent travel to each race events across Australia and New Zealand
• Writing and distributing team, sponsor an membership media releases and related content
• Managing the team’s website, social media accounts and fan interaction
• Media liaison and handling media enquiries
• Coordinating and managing digital content creation, distribution and promotion
• Data analysis and communications strategy development
• Additional commercial requirements as required
Given the diversity of this team, this role will also be across other commercial elements of the team such as merchandise, memberships, commercial partner events and other team-related events and activities in which you will be heavily involved in and will need to have a clear understanding of the fundamentals involved in each of these elements.
This is a travelling role and will require regular weekend and after hours work. This role requires a high degree of individual effort but will provide significant personal and professional satisfaction for the right individual.
If you believe you have the skill set and experience required for this role, we encourage you to send through your application with a supporting cover letter to [email protected]