Race Performance Engineer
Erebus Motorsport | Negotiable Full-Time
Dandenong South, Victoria Australia
We have an exciting opportunity in our Supercar Race Engineering Group for a Race Performance Engineer, reporting to the Head of Engineering.
As part of small engineering team the successful candidate will support the Race Engineering department in a diverse range of areas but with focus on developing the simulation and data analysis capabilities of the team.
Key accountabilities / duties include:
• To improve and develop new methodologies for data analysis tools to support race engineering decision making and to expedite the data analysis process
• To propose and develop new performance concepts that deliver performance differentiation from our competitors
• To work with the driver in the loop simulator to develop its functionality and correlation to on track running.
• Manage the data acquisition system on one of our cars on race weekends ensuring all sensors are operational and correctly calibrated
• Manage in-race fuel strategy under direction from the race engineer
• Undertake CAD design and development projects when required
The successful candidate will hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Engineering. Previous motorsport experience is essential as this role will require attendance at all racing events. As such, the candidate will need to display a clear ability to work well under pressure and to tight, critical time scales. A strong background in vehicle dynamics and knowledge of Matlab would be beneficial while software coding ability (language not critical) is considered essential for this role. Previous experience with CAD and CFD would be an advantage.
In return for your dedicated work and commitment to constant improvement, we offer a competitive package and the opportunity to work in a close knit team with a driving determination to be the best in the business.