Retail Counter Sales/Warehouse
R&J Batteries | Negotiable Full-Time
Cairns, QLD Australia
Come join OUR TEAM
We are R & J Batteries, one of Australia’s largest battery and oil distributors. Our batteries cover all applications: automotive, commercial, motorcycle, marine, deep cycle, solar and industrial. We are a market leader, a proud family owned business where we look after our staff as family.
Our busy Cairns store is looking for a dedicated and reliable Retail Counter Sales/Warehouse team member, who can commit to, and uphold our Company values through demonstrating Respect, Mateship, Honesty, Do it Once Do it Right and Having fun! These values define who we are, what we do and how we do it! We are categorised and remain as an essential business through COVID-19, therefore, an immediate start is available, if requested.
As we are a small team, it is important that we all work together and be flexible and willing to roll up our sleeves to achieve what needs to be done for the success of the business and our customers.
About THE ROLE
A true all – rounder role! Depending on the store’s needs, some days may be mostly in the store looking after the Front Counter / Warehouse, and others days will be out on the road being the face of the Company, delivering quality products and building rapport with customers.
The role requires someone who is physically fit and capable of heavy lifting, including some repetitive lifting.
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm.
Reporting to the Cairns Branch Manager, the main duties of this role include:
- Welcome and greet customers entering our Cairns store, providing a high level of customer service
- Assisting with customer queries over the phone and in person, providing product information, using Point of Sales systems (training provided)
- Checking, charging and fitting batteries (training provided)
- Forklift operations (if licenced), regular stock-takes, keeping the warehouse clean, tidy and safe
- General warehousing duties, assisting with goods inwards and outwards, loading and unloading of trucks/pallets, container receipting
- Accurate picking and packing of products, loading orders into company vehicle for deliveries
- Occasional multi-drop off deliveries to customer base
- Previous experience in a similar position handling Warehouse and Customer Service duties
- Current Forklift licence highly desirable however not essential, as we are happy to provide training and support
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Confident and comfortable speaking with customers in person and over the phone whilst being the face of the Company
- Sound knowledge of safe working practices, willing and able to perform physical manual handling (20kg – 30kg +)
Any previous experience in the battery or automotive trade will be highly regarded, however you will be offered support and training.
What makes this position SO GREAT?
This is your opportunity to make a valuable contribution to one of Australia’s most recognised brands in the Battery industry.
- Our doors are wide open for you to build your career with training and development
- Internal product specialists to provide and support you with product training
- Amazing Staff and family discounts on all products
- Excellent company culture in a family-owned business
- Monthly Branch Bonus (after 6 months’ probation)
- Rewards and recognition – Company Values, Work Anniversary, and much more!
- R&J Batteries uniform
- Employee Assistance Program for all employees and their immediate families
- After 1 year have your Birthday day off!!
Aside from the Company culture, which is hard working and fun-loving, you will be working with a passionate group of people, who are committed to what they are doing, and this is reflected in the results and growth of the business.
Excited about joining the team? APPLY NOW!
We thank you for considering R&J Batteries as a future employer, we welcome your interest in joining our team! Click the Apply button and submit your application including a copy of your most updated Resume.
As this is a full-time position, all applicants must hold permanent full working rights in Australia and be vaccinated against COVID-19 in line with your state’s directions and requirements.
R&J Batteries utilises on-line behavioural questionnaire’s as part of the selection process for shortlisted candidates. Successful applicants will be required to undergo a satisfactory pre-employment medical, police check and driving history (all reimbursed by R&J Batteries).
We are R & J Batteries; Our People are industry leaders! Our Products are among the best in the world! Our Service will always be second to none! As an equal opportunity employer, we value and recognise that a diverse workforce leads to better business outcomes. We are committed to a safe and inclusive culture where employees are encouraged to bring their authentic selves to work. Our aim is to attract and retain the best people and therefore all our hiring decisions are based on merit, competence, and business requirements.