School Leaver Program – Entry Level Positions – Automotive, Defence, Aerospace
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology, an Australian owned company, is a global market leader in the design and manufacture of high performance, automotive cooling solutions. As a worldwide leader in cooling technologies, PWR supplies high profile race teams in Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, WRC, DTM, and LMP among others. PWR also has a strong presence in the automotive aftermarket and is continually growing OE business activities with high-end, prestigious customers.
We are currently seeking school leavers ready to embark on their journey into the workforce. Our program is suitable for driven individuals who bring a can-do attitude and looking to kick start a career path. The available position for Manufacturing Production Assistant is part of our School Leaver Program which will include the following duties but not limited to:
- Component preparation and assembly
- Operate specialised machinery or equipment
- Deburring and polishing parts
- Quality Assurance
- Assist trades people
This position will give you hands on experience to learn various areas of our advanced manufacturing facility based at Ormeau. This is an entry level role, but will allow you to learn the fundamentals of our business and the critical skills needed to be able to progress within the company. For those who show interest and commitment, we do offer Apprenticeships within Welding, Fitting & Turning and Sheetmetal. You don’t have to have ANY Experience for these role as full on the job training will be provided.
- Commitment to safety, quality and pride in workmanship
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team Player and highly motivated
- Strong work ethic and high standards
- Professional appearance
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical and random drug and alcohol testing
- A good understanding of the English language, both written and oral
- Own reliable transport
What We Can Offer
- Multiple full-time career opportunities
- Fully Funded Apprenticeships (should you show interested in progressing this pathway)
- Long Term career path within a growing global business
- On-site training and support
- Uniforms provided
- Free Breakfast, Morning Tea and Lunch from our onsite diner, morning tea & lunch provided
How to apply
Submit your cover letter and please tell us why you’re interested in this role and outline any involvement you have (if any) working on cars or with tools, professionally or at a hobby level.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process entailing interviews, background/reference checks a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test. You must be fully Covid vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate and a Covid Test with Negative results.
Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.