School Work Experience Program
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
Who are we
PWR are global leaders in advanced cooling technologies who provide bespoke thermal solutions to all forms of motorsport, automotive, electric, aerospace and defence markets with locations in Australia, USA & Europe. Some of our customers include F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters and World Rally Championship.
Our customers require the best in design, manufacturing, quality and over all service. As an organisation we continue to deliver with increased investment in skilled staff and the lasted technology. We have a long history in producing some of the most highly skilled tradespeople in the industry and due to rapid growth we have multiple full-time career opportunities.
We are currently looking for mechanically minded High School Students (year 10, 11 & 12) who are interested in exploring a trade pathway after post High School. This is an opportunity for students to take part in work experience blocks here at PWR Advanced Cooling Technology, to explore a variety of departments within our purpose built manufacturing facility. Within the work experience program students will have exposure to the following duties:
- Component preparation and assembly
- Operate specialised machinery or equipment
- Deburring and polishing parts
- Quality Assurance
- Assist trades people
- Please complete the form linked below as part of your application process.
- Commitment to safety, quality and excellent attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Professional appearance
- Own reliable transport / Able to get to work on time
- A good understanding of the English language, both written and oral
- Multiple full-time career opportunities
- Fully Funded Apprenticeships (should you show interested in progressing this pathway)
- Long Term career path within a growing global businessOn-site training and support
- Uniforms provided
- FREE Breakfast, Morning Tea and Lunch from our onsite diner everyday
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter through for consideration and why you would like to work here. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process, reference checks, police check and a medical/drug/alcohol assessment.
You must be fully COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.