R&J Batteries | Negotiable Full-Time
Ballarat, VIC Australia
Did you know R&J Batteries sponsors the Stadium Trucks, the Super2 Series and are a top reseller of Fuchs Lubricants who also are a major sponsor of a Supercars Championship team?
Most of our staff are passionate about their cars, jet skis or motor bikes, and enjoy working in the automotive industry. Work alongside like minded people, find your new work family and join our team.
About the ROLE
Exciting and rare opportunity for a hands-on, motivated leader to manage our Ballarat Store. Reporting directly to the State Manager, you will guide, develop and manage a team of 11 sales and warehouse personnel. We are looking for a dedicated, ethical and responsible Manager who can grow with our business whilst maintaining and strengthening existing customer relationships.
This role will suit a manager passionate about coaching and leading his team to success within a hard working environment Dedicated to ensuring a positive customer experience with our loyal customer base.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the VIC/ACT State Manager, this key position will be responsible for:
- Proactively managing the Ballarat store, warehouse and sales staff to deliver on Company objectives
- Day to day operational management, ensuring efficiency and debtor control
- Managing and overseeing effective stock control (LIFO) to minimise aged stock
- Develop, and grow your team building mutual trust and respect amongst team members
- Conduct personnel functions across the employee life cycle
- Coach, lead and guide your employees to help them achieve on KPI’s
- Ensure the customer experience is positive, leading to new opportunities and repeat business
- Completion of required safety checklists
Do you have what it takes to become part of the R&J TEAM?
- You have previous Store/Branch management experience, ideally within the automotive industry
- You are customer focused with the ability to form long lasting relationships built on trust and professionalism
- A Manager who leads by example, ethical, resilient with strong interpersonal skills, with previous people management experience
- You have well developed communication skills and experienced in motivating your staff to achieve their KPI’s
- Track record of managing your stores administration; sales reports, aged stock reports, stock taking, staff rosters etc.
- Passion for the Automotive Industry – Battery training will be provided
- You are physically FIT and healthy as some heavy lifting is involved
- Current manual licence essential
- You have a great sense of humour!
What’s in it for YOU?
Aside from the company culture, which is hard working and fun-loving, you will be working with a passionate group of people, who are committed to what they are doing, and this is reflected in the results and growth of the business.
On offer, competitive salary (base, commission, bonus, plus super) and job facility vehicle
You’ll enjoy great benefits like staff discounts, supplied uniform and Employee Assistance Program and after a year become eligible to have your birthday day off!
Our philosophy of always delivering outstanding customer service combined with our superior products has seen R & J Batteries continue to develop into Australia’s fastest growing battery company.
Immediate start for the right applicant.
Hours will be Monday to Friday 7.30am – 5.30pm
1 hour for lunch
With Saturday roster (paid overtime) approx. once a month
We look forward to you becoming a key member of our team!