Technical Support Engineer
71006442360 | Negotiable Full-Time
Croydon South, Victoria Australia
- Internationally Renowned Class Leader in World Motorsport Technology
- If you know your way around Engine Tuning, Wiring, Setup of any aftermarket Engine Management System, then we want to hear from you.
MoTeC is an Australian company that’s at the cutting edge of world motorsport technology, specialising in engine management, electric vehicles and data acquisition for performance analysis. Now boasting a network of over two hundred authorised dealers worldwide, and with main offices in UK, Europe, Middle East and the USA, this innovative Australian brand has become synonymous with motor racing success in almost every category across the globe.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate Technical Support Engineer to join our friendly team at our global Research Centre, based in Melbourne (Croydon South), and get involved in product development.
The role will include:
- Day to day telephone and email support, ranging from sales enquiries and quotes to detailed customer interaction and problem solving.
- Providing technical and sales support to dealers and customers
- Fault Find – Troubleshoot electrical installations.
- Design and Configure new installations.
- May include in-field technical support at race meetings and customer premises (some travel and weekend work involved).
- Assisting with software and/or firmware feedback.
- Preparation and maintenance of related internal technical documentation.
- Performing sensor calibration and injector testing.
- Dynamometer testing and engine tuning.
Ideally you should possess the following skills/qualifications
- A working knowledge of aftermarket Engine Management, Data acquisition, and Power Distribution modules along with Data logging interpretation/analysis
- Knowledge of CAN Bus and related systems
- Australian Permanent Residency
- Strong Interest in cars and electronic technology products
- Experience in a motorsport environment
- Sound knowledge of internal combustion engines and relevant electronic systems
- Exposure using various aftermarket Data Loggers / Engine Control Units
- Be able to review logged Data for analysis and reporting purposes
- High level of computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Strong self-management skills and being able to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent drive and initiative, proactive ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to learn and grow within the company
We are looking for someone with a can-do approach who is happy to roll their sleeves up and be a part of the team. If you believe you meet the criteria and want to work in a friendly and progressive company, please supply us with your resume and covering letter specific to this role.