PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
Who are we
PWR are global leaders in advanced cooling technologies who provide bespoke thermal solutions to all forms of motorsport, automotive, electric, aerospace and defence markets with locations in Australia, USA & Europe. Some of our customers include F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters and World Rally Championship. Our customers require the best in design, manufacturing, quality and over all service. As an organisation we continue to deliver with increased investment in skilled staff and the lasted technology. We have a long history in producing some of the most highly skilled tradespeople in the industry and due to rapid growth, we have multiple full-time career opportunities.
We are currently expanding our team at PWR for new growth within the company which has opened an exciting career opportunity for highly experienced, trade qualified Aluminium TIG welders competent in welding heat exchangers, radiators, intercoolers, oil coolers and other complex components of an aerospace or motorsport nature.
- Weld, fabricate and assemble products.
- Prepare various cores/assemblies for dispatch.
- Inspect products and/or materials to established operational standards.
- Teamwork and mentoring apprentices.
- Operate lifting equipment incidental to work.
- Manage own workflow to ensure products manufactured on time.
Skills and Experience
You would ideally be a specialised, precision aluminium Welder.
- More than 5 years’ experience in welding 1.2mm -3mm aluminium would be desirable, but experience in aluminium is essential.
- Ability to weld fine grade aluminium to a high structural and visual standard
- Able to read and interpret detailed 2D drawings
- A good understanding of jig and fixture utilisation to achieve final part accuracy
- Strong fabrication and hand tool skills
- Able to work to strict deadlines with high accuracy and attention to detail
- The ability to remain calm and focused in a high-pressure environment
- Experience welding heat exchangers for the motorsport or aerospace industries would be highly regarded
- Quality and pride in workmanship
- Commitment to maintaining a safe and tidy workplace
- Be able to work autonomously and be self-driven
- Able to troubleshoot problematic jobs
- Confident decision maker
- Free Breakfast and freshly cooked morning tea and lunch provided every day in our onsite “Diner”
- Uniforms provided
- Career progression
How to apply
Please send Resume and cover letter through for consideration. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process entailing interviews, background/reference checks a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test. You must be fully COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.