Truck Driver & Race Team General Hand
Team 18 HR | $60,000 - $80,000 Full-Time
Mount Waverley, Victoria Australia
This has been an exciting year for Team 18! Reporting to the Team Manager, as a member of Team 18 your main responsibility is transporting the Team 18 race car to all Supercar Championship races around Australia, whilst completing other general duties as follows:
- Driving the race car transporter, to safely transport to each race event
- To load and unload in a safe and OH&S compliant manner, using correct and compliant restraint methods
- Demonstrate and reinforce Safe Work Practices, including compliance with Occupational Health and Safety regulations , Fatigue management regulations and National Road traffic regulations.
- Manage tyre store, maintenance and ordering of parts in conjunction with the Team Manager
- Manage tyre efficiency in conjunction with engineering team, during events to maintain PSI pressure with the aim to maximise performance
- Represent WFL Transport and Team 18 in a professional and customer service orientated manner.
- Ensure all work is performed safely and in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety standards and expectations.
- Be responsible for the condition and security of Team 18 tools, plant and setup manuals and worksheets
- Maintaining neat and tidy appearance, always wearing the Team 18 uniform, demonstrating your professional attitude at all times as a representative of Team 18
The Right Person for the Role:
The successful candidate must be an individual who is experienced and skilled in the role, embraces challenges and responsibility with enthusiasm and energy. You enjoy a being part of a successful team, pride yourself on your professional approach and possess a positive attitude.
Specifically you display the following:
- Knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety, industrial environment requirements and National Transport legislation across all states
- Proven customer service and negotiation skills.
- A highly developed reasoning and planning ability.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Multi Combination driving licence essential and clean driving record
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends • Availability to travel interstate and overseas as required by Team 18
- A record of reliability and punctuality
- Experience of working in a team environment
- The ability to work independently at times and to carry out instructions correctly.
- Ability to work alone and successfully with a team
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure
In return we offer the right candidate an industry leading culture, excellent working conditions, competitive salary, and ongoing support.
If this role is of interest and you feel you can bring energy and commitment to the role, please forward your application letter and resume and APPLY NOW to Leanne Jackson HR Manager. Only successful applicants will be contacted.