Wind Tunnel Technician
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
PWR Advanced Cooling Technology, an Australian owned company, is a global market leader in the design and manufacture of high performance, automotive cooling solutions. As a worldwide leader in cooling technologies, PWR supplies high profile race teams in Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, WRC, DTM, and LMP among others. PWR also has a strong presence in the automotive aftermarket and is continually growing OE business activities with high-end, prestigious customers. Job Description To maintain, setup and operate the PWR Advanced Cooling Technology Wind Tunnel and provide technical performance data on tested samples.
- To report test findings to PWR engineering group.
- To use supplied engineering instruments to validate tests results.
- To test limitations of product and provide data toward future product development.
- To continuously improve PWR testing capabilities to ensure we maintain status as an accurate and repeatable test facility
You must have a thorough understanding of heat transfer principles & formulas for heat exchangers, to allow diagnosis of system or test sample problems and heat rejection calculations from raw data on screen during tests.
- Formal Engineering Qualifications preferred
- Thorough understanding of heat transfer principles and formulas for heat exchangers
- Ability to analyse raw data and use this to produce meaningful analytical and graphical information
- Sound Excel knowledge with skills in Macro or Visual Basics an advantage.
- Mechanical fitting skills.
- Sheet metal skills
- Complete Wind tunnel Operational software knowledge.
- Engineering Mathematical Skills.
- Strong work ethics through high standards of personal and professional behaviour.
- Good time management skills.
- Customer relation skills while teams are onsite.
- Excellent communication skills
- Free Breakfast, Morning tea and Lunch provided every day in our onsite “Diner”
- Uniforms provided
- Career progression
How to apply
Please send CVs and cover letter through for consideration. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process entailing interviews, background/reference checks a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test. You must be Double or Triple COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.