Workshop Leading Hand
Preston Hire | Negotiable Full-Time
Tuganina, Victoria Australia
Having built its reputation on delivering innovative and customised solutions to a vast array of industries including the construction and civil sectors Preston Hire is leading the industry with its customer focused solutions with second to none service and support.
As a result of organic growth and expansion, we are actively seeking an experienced Leading hand to work with a small workshop team located at Truganina, VIC
The role is responsible for the oversight of multiple stakeholders within the business including but not limited to mechanical works, transport and logistics, labour, operations and fabrications. You will have the following:
- A positive attitude and willing to work until this job is done
- Empathetic approach to supervising people and always looking to get the best out of their team
- Organised and practical
- Able to communicate effectively with staff and management
- Computer literacy essential
- Experienced in leading a team within a workshop
- Experience in managing quality and safety
- Experience in managing registers of equipment, materials & supplies
- Practical experience in overhead crane and a forklift ticket
As the Leading hand, you will report to the Operations Supervisor on the day to movements in and out of the warehouse and ensuring all the equipment is “ready for hire”
On offer is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic business which is currently expanding into new markets.
Please send your current CV / Resume and a cover letter outlining why you would like to join the Preston Hire team to
Are you ready for the challenge?