KRE Race Engines recruiting for Qualified Engine Machinist
KRE Race Engines is recruiting for a Qualified Engine Machinist to join the team.
Renowned for building race-winning engines for Supercars and Speedway, KRE Race Engines has built engines for the likes of Supercar teams such as Red Bull Ampol Racing, Brad Jones Racing, Team 18, Tekno Autosports and Matt Stone Racing, as well as premier speedway teams from across the country.
The Brisbane-based operation consists of a small team of skilled engine builders, machinists, workshop and admin staff who pride themselves on quality workmanship, with a focus on delivering a high level of customer service and product reliability.
KRE Engines Business Manager Wendy McNamara said it is an exciting time to join the team, with the successful applicant to play a role in building and refreshing the 5.7-litre pushrod engine for the Gen3 Chevrolet Camaros in the Repco Supercars Championship.
“We’re still building some new ones now, but we’ve pretty well got them all done now, it’ll just be a constant refreshing of them all throughout the year,” McNamara said.
“So we’re rolling that along with our work for our speedway market which is quite huge as well.
“The successful applicant will be working on anything and everything, all of our internal work is a priority and then we also do some block machining and head machining and stuff for external customers as well.”
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Minimum four years experience in a similar performance workshop environment and have an Engine Reconditioning Trade Certificate.
- Competency in all aspects of engine machining including cylinder head and block machining, engine balancing, general turning and milling experience.
- High standard of quality workmanship with attention to detail for precision machining is essential.
- Positive attitude with a tidy presentation and ability to work well within a team environment, as well as open to learning new skills.
- Good time management skills and able to work to deadlines.
This is a full-time position with a negotiable salary based on experience, with the ideal candidate preferably being located in Brisbane.
An immediate start is available for the successful applicant.
If you are looking for a new career challenge and the opportunity to work on engines for the Repco Supercars Championship, e-mail your resume and cover letter to [email protected].
CLICK HERE to learn more about the role on JobStop.com.