Tickford Racing Australia | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team runs four Ford Falcon V8 Supercars in the series and is responsible for the design, manufacturing, building and maintenance of each of its race cars.
The team is housed in a large facility based in Melbourne’s northern suburbs – Campbellfield.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Chief Mechanic to join our team. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with motorsport experience to join the team in this fast paced and exciting role. You will be joining a world-class sporting team which has the passion and drive for success where the drive for performance is relentless, offering new challenges every day.
To be considered for this great opportunity, you will need to utilise your experience as a mechanic, and demonstrate the following:
- Strong commitment to health and safety in the workplace
- Mechanical qualification
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Number 1 Mechanic or lead mechanic
- Proactive approach to your work
- High attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team
- The know-how to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- The aptitude to work independently
The primary objective of the Chief Mechanic is to coordinate all mechanical preparation and new car builds ensuring race cars are produced on time and to the correct engineering specification.
Your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation and maintenance of all cars
- Planning and prioritising work load to meet deadlines
- Testing and diagnosing steering racks and pumps and making adjustments to the components within correct tolerances
- Overseeing crack testing programs
- Training and supervision of set up procedures
- Monitor stock levels
- Reporting as required
*Note; this is a travelling role, which will require frequent travel interstate and in New Zealand to attend to race meets and events.
To apply for this position, please send through your application to firstname.lastname@example.org