Brad Jones Racing. | Negotiable Full-Time
Albury, New South Wales Australia
Who we are
Brad Jones Racing (BJR) is the only regionally-based team competing in the Repco Supercars Australia Championship, Super2 Championship, and Super3 Series. We design and manufacture many of our own components for our six Commodores, across all three categories. We are looking for an experienced and qualified CNC programmer and machinist to join our Production Department.
A little more about the role
You will be responsible for the operation of our HAAS 3- and 5-axis mills, Doosan Lynx Lathe, and OKUMA Mill/Turn Centre – programming using Edgecam software to produce a variety of complex aluminium and steel components.
You will take full ownership of the production process, including:
- tool selection and management
- material stock selection
- jig and fixture design and manufacture
- CAM programming and verification
- quality control, ensuring components are correct and fit for purpose.
To excel in this role, you should possess the following attributes:
- demonstrated ability in reading technical drawings and working to tight tolerances
- competent in the use of measuring equipment associated with quality control
- complex programming of both turning and milling operations; 5-axis experience will be highly regarded
- conventional machining on manual machinery
- the ability to identify and resolve problems
- committed to lean manufacturing processes
- possess a strong commitment to quality with high attention to detail
- be willing to adapt to changing demands with flexible work hours, including shift work, to support our motorsport program as and when required
- possess good time management and organisational skills
- have strong communication skills
- the ability to multitask in a faced-paced environment.
Other attributes beneficial to this role include:
- experience with HAAS, OKUMA and FANUC controllers
- experience with Solidworks CAD software and Edgecam CAM software
- previous work in motorsport, aerospace or defence
- experience in a jobbing environment
- exposure to lights-out machining.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help drive the next phase of growth at Brad Jones Racing, using your experience to optimise the production process, material flow and machine utilisation.
The total salary package for this position is negotiable based on qualifications and experience.
Applications close on 28th May 2021.