PWR Advanced Cooling Technology | Negotiable Full-Time
Ormeau, Queensland Australia
Who are we
PWR are global leaders in advanced cooling technologies who provide bespoke thermal solutions to all forms of motorsport, automotive, electric, aerospace and defence markets with locations in Australia, USA & Europe. Some of our customers include F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters and World Rally Championship.
Our customers require the best in design, manufacturing, quality and over all service. As an organisation we continue to deliver with increased investment in skilled staff and the lasted technology. We have a long history in producing some of the most highly skilled tradespeople in the industry and due to rapid growth we have multiple full-time career opportunities.
About the role
PWR’s expansive manufacturing capabilities are complimented with precision engineering equipped CNC machine shop including fully automated and palletised 5 Axis machining cells. This represents an excellent career and lifestyle opportunity to work in a highly motivated and dedicated team environment supporting a prestigious global customer base. Solid career opportunity for experienced 5 Axis CNC Programmers competent in offline programming of complex CNC machined parts. We are seeking experienced programmers with high level 5 axis milling experience, ideally in a high-speed machining environment with direct experience in aluminium surface and feature machining of complex components of an aerospace or motorsport nature.
- Assist the Machine Shop in developing steam-lined process and procedures.
- Write programs within timeframes and continuous improvement opportunities.
- Mentor apprentices and junior employees.
- Running machines and deburring.
- Creation of setup sheets and oversee the proving out of new programs.
- Design of various fixtures and jigs.
- Assist within all aspects of engineering the production process, material flow and machine utilisation.
- 5 Axis or 3+2 off-Line Programmer
- Industry Qualified in an Engineering discipline or similar level qualification.
- 5 years’ minimum experience of High-Speed Machining.
- Experience around Mazak Variaxis and HAAS machining centres desirable.
- Good understanding of tooling selection and procedures.
- MasterCam/Vericut simulation or similar Cam software experience required.
- Ability to read and interpret aerospace/defence style engineering drawings, customer specifications and condition of supply.
- Engineer components using NC programming / verifying various components for all CNC machines.
- Understanding and interpretation of customer specifications and engineering drawings.
- Time served machinist or equivalent recognised apprenticeship or experience.
- FREE Breakfast, Morning tea and Lunch provided every day in our onsite “Diner”
- Uniforms provided
- Career progression
How to apply
Please send CVs and cover letter through for consideration. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Selected candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment process entailing interviews, background/reference checks a medical which includes a drug and alcohol test.
You must be fully COVID vaccinated and when commencing provide a Covid-19 Vaccination Certificate.
Back yourself, take the challenge and invest in your own future by joining the PWR team!
PWR is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer, committed to ethical practices and embracing the principles of cultural diversity and inclusion. PWR also promotes a smoke-free work environment.