Tickford Racing | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, Victoria Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team runs four Ford Mustang V8 Supercars in the series and is responsible for the design, manufacturing, building and maintenance of each of its race cars. The team is housed in a large bespoke facility based in Melbourne’s outer northern suburbs, Campbellfield.
We are currently seeking a Composites Technician who will be responsible for producing and repairing composite components in our composite department.
Our facility is modern and well-equipped with our state of the art auto clave and ovens. We produce parts in both Pre-Preg and wet lay-up for our vehicles and along with our customers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Mould preparation / production
• Hand and power tool usage
• Lay-up & Lamination
• Plug and pattern making
• Product repair filling and fairing
• Structural repairs
To be considered for this role, candidates must obtain:
• Relevant qualifications within the field, Current Cert 4 or BITO Qualification
• Experience in composite and fibre glass component manufacture and repair
• Experience in mould making from patterns
• Understanding of lay-up schedules in carbon fibre, Kevlar, fibreglass materials and mould making
• Excellent attention to detail
• Intricate hand skills
The successful candidate for the role, will have a ‘can do attitude’ and be a team player. In return, we are offering an exciting opportunity to join a vibrant race team in an environment which offers both variety and new challenges.
If you feel you have the right skill set for this role, please click the ‘Apply’ button below, or send your resume to [email protected]