Tickford Racing | Negotiable Full-Time Featured
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing Australia, an elite team in the Supercars Championship has an opening for a Data Engineer to join the team for the upcoming season.
The opportunity requires an individual that can function and perform in a highly competitive industry working alongside an experienced team of professionals in the motorsport industry.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Ensuring development requirements are highlighted to the Engineering department
• Ensuring the correct function and management of vehicle data systems
• Analysis of vehicle data at both race and test events
• Ability to produce engineering reports
• Contributing to the pre-race strategy discussions, data collection and implementation of improvements
• Actively participate in the research & development of the vehicle for racing applications
• Maintenance and setup of communication systems used trackside
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
• Prior experience as a Motorsport Data or Race Engineer
• Ability to travel and work at all race meetings on the Supercar calendar
• Previous experience using CAD design software, preferably Siemens NX CAD and FEA packages will be well regarded but not essential
• Exposure to electrical system operation and maintenance
• Experience with or interest in developing programming skills (Python, C++, Java & MATLAB)
This role would ideally suit an individual who has the drive and ambition to develop within the industry, while some flexibility in responsibilities and tasks is available to adjust and cater for the prior experience of the candidate.
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident and able to work full-time.
Salary negotiable depending on the applicants prior industry experience.
If you wish to apply for this position please forward your CV and letter of application quoting the job title to Nathaniel Osborne at [email protected]