MATT STONE RACING | Negotiable Full-Time
Yatala, QLD Australia
Matt Stone Racing is seeking to employ a Motorsport Fabricator to work at the team’s headquarters in Yatala, Gold Coast, Queensland. This role would also encompass travelling to all tests and race events. The ideal candidate would have a solid history of fabrication employment, ideally from within the automotive or motorsport sector, although this is not essential. The chosen employee will work with the mechanical group to schedule and complete all fabrication work required by the team.
- Responsible for highly skilled metal working to create necessary parts or tools. These parts may be directly for the cars, or other projects such as, but not limited to, pit equipment etc.
- Works to ensure that the Fabrication shop/work areas are safe, clean and organized.
A successful candidate will have:
- Good hands-on mechanical skills.
- Skilled at welding, steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Skilled at sheet metal layout and forming.
- Experience with typical fabrication shop equipment including mill & lathe.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in a professional racing or automotive environment; although not essential.
- A willingness to learn.
- A positive and professional work ethic.
- An ability to work pro-actively in a team environment.