Motorsport Operations and Commercial Director
Motorsport Australia | Negotiable Full-Time Featured
Canterbury, VIC Australia
We are searching for an experienced Motorsport executive to step into the newly created role of Motorsport Operations and Commercial Director. As a key executive leader, you will leverage your extensive experience to seamlessly integrate operational excellence with strategic commercial initiatives across all levels of motorsport. This is not merely a job; you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future success of motorsport in this country.
We are a passionate team focused on the development, regulation, promotion and administration of motorsport across Australia. As the National Sporting Authority and custodian of four wheeled motorsport in this country, we are a dedicated, talented and collaborative team committed to doing what is best for the sport.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, this critical multi-faceted role will work across all operations and commercial aspects of motor racing in Australia. Responsible for all revenue streams, this role will focus on strategy development and execution across all levels of motorsport.
Key responsibilities include:
Event Operations & Delivery
- Executive accountability for Motorsport Australia events including the Australian Formula 1 Grand Prix, Motorsport Australia Championship Series, Supercars, as well as key strategies and initiatives at a State and Club level.
Commercial Partnerships and Sponsorship
- Executive accountability for the broad and growing suite of Motorsport Australia commercial partners who invest in the sport and are aligned with Motorsport Australia’s vision.
Membership, Licensing and Permitting.
- Executive accountability of the licensing structure for our 24,000 licensed competitors and 2,000 annually permitted events. Meeting the needs of our current and emerging member community across all levels of motorsport will be a key strategic focus of this role.
Sport Development & Infrastructure
- Executive accountability for government relationships and relationships with our affiliated car clubs, car club members and their key governing structures. This role also has carriage of our renowned participation programs such as Girls on Track and executive accountability for how to grow and expand participation pathways.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A strong understanding of financial principles and metrics, with experience managing budgets and analysing financial data.
- A strong background in Motorsport or a closely related industry, with experience leading teams and managing operations in a variety of functional areas.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders and partners.
- Strong strategic thinking skills, with the ability to identify opportunities and threats in the business environment, develop a long-term plan and make informed decisions based on data and analysis.
- The ability to travel interstate, including frequent attendance at events (club, state and national) across the motorsport calendar incorporating weekends.
- A good understanding of motorsport or it’s related industries, including knowledge of the competitive landscape and its key players.
- Experience working with or for a not for profit with a strong volunteer component highly desirable.
- A bachelor’s degree in business administration or equivalent desirable.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and a brief cover letter to Human Resources at [email protected]. Applications close Friday 8 March 2024.
Motorsport Australia embraces diversity of gender, age, ethnicity, race, cultural background, disability, religion and sexual orientation. Applicants from diverse backgrounds are welcome and encouraged to submit their applications. Motorsport Australia is committed to making motorsport welcoming, safe and inclusive for all. We prioritise the wellbeing of children participating in our sport, who have a right to take part in sport in a safe, positive and enjoyable environment.
We are equally committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with visible or invisible disabilities. We encourage you to share any support and adjustments you need to be your best and participate equitably in our recruitment process. We understand sharing your needs with us can be daunting, so if you have questions before or during your application, we welcome you to get in touch at [email protected]. Anything you tell us will be kept completely confidential.