No# 1 Mechanic
Tickford Racing Australia | Negotiable Full-Time
Campbellfield, VIC Australia
Tickford Racing is an elite team in the Supercars Championship. The team runs four Ford Falcon V8 Supercars in the series and is responsible for the design, manufacturing, building and maintenance of each of its race cars.
The team is housed in a large facility based in Melbourne’s northern suburbs – Campbellfield.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a No# 1 Mechanic to join our team. We are seeking a highly motivated individual with motorsport experience to join the team in this fast paced and exciting role.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for ensuring your designated car is mechanically ready to leave the workshop for race events and test days
- Ensuring car is modified according to the engineers specification and safety requirements
- Overseeing the No# 2 Mechanic
- Professionally maintain a clean, tidy and organized working environment to ensure health and safety
- Attend all race events and test days
Skills and qualifications required:
- Possess a qualification in motor mechanics
- Extensive knowledge of vehicle set up and race car preparation
- Pit stop experience
- Knowledge of working within a professional race team
- Ability to work in minimal supervision to strict deadlines
- Able to demonstrate strong communication skills
- Flexibility in hours and approach- travel is required
- Be physically fit and able
The successful candidate must demonstrate a “can do attitude” and most importantly be a positive team player with a passion for motorsport. In return, you will be joining a world class racing team whose passion and drive for on track success is relentless while offering new and exciting challenges every day!
This is a travelling role which requires frequent travel on race events and test days.
To apply for this position please send through your application by clicking the ‘APPLY NOW’ link. Alternatively, you can send your application to email@example.com