Team 18 HR | Negotiable Full-Time
Mount Waverley, Victoria Australia
Reporting to the Crew Chief, your main responsibility is working with the race mechanic crew completing mechanical tasks to the race car; both at the workshop allocated at Mt Waverley and travelling with the Team 18 crew to all V8 Supercar Championship races around Australia:
- Working cohesively with the Team 18 mechanic team to complete all mechanical tasks as directed to meet timelines and in order to satisfy the expectations and obligations of the Supercar Championship schedule
- Carrying out allocated and scheduled work in accordance with quality standards
- Carrying out other general team tasks to ensure racing car is operational at optimum capacity at all times, including working on spare parts and components
- Maintenance and repair of racing car – both in the workshop based in Mount Waverley, or on the track during the championship schedule
- Working to deliver constant improvements to the racing car
- Complete in race repairs and pit stops
- In conjunction with all race crew – ensure the condition and presentation of the workshop on site and at race meets is maintained to Team 18 standards
- Maintaining neat and tidy appearance, always wearing the Team 18 uniform, always demonstrating your professional attitude
The Right Person for the Role:
The successful candidate must be an individual who mechanically skilled in the role, ideally is a capable and willing allrounder, who embraces challenges and responsibility with enthusiasm and energy. You enjoy being part of a successful team, pride yourself on your professional approach and possess a positive attitude.
Specifically you display the following:
- Minimum of 2 years’ mechanical experience in a V8 Supercar team environment preferred, but not essential
- Qualified tradesperson specialising in motor mechanics essential to role
- Experience on sub assembly and/or bodywork repairs would be highly regarded for this role
- Ability to work cohesively within a team environment, or alone on a task when required
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive environment and under pressure
In return we offer the right candidate an industry leading culture, excellent working conditions, competitive salary, and ongoing support.
If this role is of interest and you feel you can bring energy and commitment to the role, please forward your application letter and resume and APPLY NOW to [email protected] Only successful applicants will be contacted.